We are experienced, professional and careful industry leaders.
- Hiring us isn't an act of faith
- Miles of gutter installed since starting - over 10,000
- Square feet of soffit installed – over 5000
- Over 10,000 customers served
- Over 50 employees, vast body of knowledge, average of 10 year’s experience
- We conduct ongoing internal training programs, we do not just hire people off the street. Newcomers to Irwin are required to work with an experienced person until we feel they are ready to work on their own, regardless of their experience with other companies.This ensures they know how we want the work performed.
- Many of the installers working in the business started with Irwin
- We aren’t learning on the job.
- We lead the industry on Vancouver Island.
- We manufacture (through Pro-Tech Exterior Products), we distribute, we install. Because we manufacture and install we see any issues first hand and deal with them immediately.
- No other company offers the full range of products and institutes the staff training that we do.
- Basically, we specialize in the hard stuff. So why would anyone in their right mind specialize in difficult projects? The construction industry is constantly changing and evolving. What is common practice today may be completely different tomorrow. We want to be on the cutting edge of the industry, not just waiting for someone else to work out solutions to issues that may arise in the industry.
- We participate in formulating industry standards and policies through our participation in a number of industry organizations.
- We make ourselves accountable.
- BBB accredited click to see why this is important
- Members of industry organizations which enforce standards of practice, including the Vancouver Island Construction Association and Canadian Homebuilders Association.
- We are not just someone on the end of a cell phone, we have an office, factory and a full staff, and we are committed to the business. We are a professional service corporation and not just an individual who does the work. We have trained personnel who backup other staff members in case of sickness, injury or vacation. Your home will be serviced as promised without exception.
- We are in business for the long term.
- COR safety program which surpasses WorkSafe standards click to see why this is important
- $3 million liability insurance
- WHMIS certification course meets the federal regulatory requirements for Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System (WHMIS) training.
- Fall Protection Forklift Operator (standard for forklift operators is CSA Standard B335-94, Industrial Lift Truck Operator Training.
- Man lift training, Aerial Work Platform Operator Certification Course
- Safety programs including first aid
- This is not just about us. This is a mindset. We are not charging ahead with the work. We plan our work and carry it out properly. This can protect you from legal consequences.